This Privacy Notice describes practices regarding the processing of personally identifiable information (“PII”) and Protected Health Information (“PHI”) (collectively, “Personal Information”) by Modivcare Inc., Modivcare Solutions, LLC, and Modivcare Solutions’ divisions and subsidiaries (collectively, “Modivcare”) in connection with all of Modivcare’s website(s) and associated subdomains and related applications (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to the processing of certain employment-related information.
1. Collection of Personal Information
Modivcare may collect the following types of information:
Information you provide to Modivcare in connection with your use of the Services, such as through online forms, requests to receive alerts, registration forms, surveys, email communications, and other online avenues including, but not limited to, name, address, email address, phone number, demographic information, and feedback.
Information that is automatically collected when you use the Services, including, but not limited to home server domain name, internet protocol (IP) address, geolocation data, type of client computer, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, type of Web browser, and aggregate and user-specific information regarding user activity.
Modivcare may place cookies on the hard drives of users of the Services. Cookies save data about individual users, such as the user’s name, username, screen preferences, and user activity. When a user revisits the Services, Modivcare may recognize the user by the cookie and customize the user’s experience accordingly.
You may disable or delete browser cookies through your browser settings. Cookies are generally easy to disable or delete, but the method varies between browsers. If you disable or delete cookies, or if you are running third-party software that intercepts or deletes cookies, please note that some parts of our Services may not work properly.
Modivcare also may use web bugs (i.e., web beacons) to gather, store, and track certain information related to user visits to and activity on the Services. A web bug is a file object, which can be a graphic image such as a transparent one pixel-by-one pixel graphics file, that is placed on a web page or in an email message to monitor user activity. A web bug can gather, for example, the IP address of a user’s computer, the time the web page was viewed, and the type of browser used.
When you use the Services, third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different web sites. In some cases, that information may be Personal Information. You may make certain choices regarding this collection in “Managing Your Personal Information” below.
The Services are not set up to honor “do not track” signals or other mechanisms.
Modivcare does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and our Services are not directed at users under the age of 13. If we find that Personal Information has inadvertently been collected for an individual under the age of 13, we will delete it.
2. Use of Personal Information
Modivcare may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Services
- Communicating with you and fulfilling your requests
- Customizing the content and layout of the Services
- Customer-relationship management
- Improving the Services
- Developing products and services
- Advertising and direct marketing, including adding Personal Information to Modivcare’s databases for future calls and mailings regarding updates, new products and services, and upcoming events
- Analyzing users’ behavior
- Complying with our legal obligations / recordkeeping
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
We may use deidentified and aggregate information without restriction. Such de-identified and aggregate information may be derived from PHI, provided that we have de-identified the PHI pursuant to the HIPAA requirements set forth in 45 C.F.R. § 164.514(b).
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
Modivcare may disclose your Personal Information:
- To third party service providers that process Personal Information on our behalf, such as development, customer relationship management, geo-targeting, analytics, transportation, logistics, information technology, advertising, and marketing providers
- To third parties who provide products, information, or services that Modivcare believes users may be interested in directly or indirectly purchasing or obtaining
- To third parties with which Modivcare enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process
- If determined by Modivcare in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Modivcare or any other person or entity
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
THIRD PARTY LINKS
This Services may contain links to other websites or advertisements for or placed by third parties. Modivcare is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites, advertisers, or third parties, or for the content of such sites or advertisements. It is possible that these links or advertisements themselves may be used by third parties or others to collect personal or other information about you. It is solely your obligation to review and understand the privacy practices and policies of these other websites and of these advertisers and third parties.
Modivcare maintains reasonable security measures designed to protect Personal Information. However, the security of Personal Information transmitted to or from Modivcare via the Internet is not guaranteed. We ask that users of our secured websites that require a user ID and password abide by industry-standard security practices, including but not limited to using strong passwords, never sharing their password with another user, not writing their user ID and password down in a conspicuous location, etc.
5. Managing Your Personal Information
ONLINE ADVERTISING OPT-OUT
You may opt out of third parties collecting your Personal Information for online advertising purposes by visiting the National Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) opt-out page and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) opt-out page.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails by removing your name from our mailing lists through the “unsubscribe” link in each email.
6. California Privacy Rights
Modivcare collects Personal Information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Personal information does not include de-identified or aggregate information, publicly-available information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records, and information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, such as medical information under California’s Confidentiality of Medical Information Act and PHI under HIPAA.
In the 12 months preceding the date this Privacy Notice was last updated, Modivcare collected the following categories of Personal Information for the business purposes indicated above in “Use of Personal Information”:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, postal address, state / region, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address)
- Categories of personal information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e) (telephone number)
- Commercial information (e.g., records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Inferences drawn from the above information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitude
Modivcare collects personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly and indirectly from you
- Third parties acting on our behalf
- Data analytics providers
- Healthcare providers
- Transportation providers
In the 12 months preceding the date this Privacy Notice was last updated, Modivcare has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to the following categories of third parties for a business purpose. Modivcare does not sell Personal Information.
Customers with which you are affiliated, transportation providers, advertisers
Categories of personal information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e)
Customers with which you are affiliated
Customers with which you are affiliated, transportation providers
Internet or other electronic network activity information
California residents have the right to: (1) request that Modivcare disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell; (2) request deletion of personal information; (3) opt-out of the sale of personal information; and (4) not receive discriminatory treatment by Modivcare for exercising these rights.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. To make a request on your behalf, an authorized agent may contact us by email with proof of your written and signed permission to do so. Note that Modivcare may also require you to verify your identity and confirm that you gave permission.
REQUESTS TO KNOW
You have the right to request that we disclose the following information:
- Specific pieces of personal information Modivcare has collected about you;
- Categories of personal information Modivcare has collected about you, disclosed about you for a business purpose, or sold;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of third parties with whom Modivcare shares or to whom Modivcare sells personal information; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling personal information.
To make such a request, please complete our CCPA Request Form or call us toll-free at 1-800-894-7958.
REQUESTS TO DELETE
You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we collected and maintain, subject to certain exceptions. To make such a request, please complete our CCPA Request Form or call us toll-free at 1-800-894-7958. Once we verify your request, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your personal information, unless an exception applies.
7. Nevada Privacy Rights
Although Modivcare does not sell your Personal Information, Nevada residents may have the right to opt-out of any future sale of Personal Information we have collected or will collect. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com.
8. Changes to Privacy Notice
Modivcare may modify this Privacy Notice at any time. The last updated date is at the top of this webpage. We will post notice of any material changes to this Privacy Notice on the Services for at least 60 days. It is the obligation of users returning to the Services to learn of changes to the Privacy Notice since their last visit.
9. Contact Us
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, you may contact Modivcare by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.