Modivcare appreciates the trust that millions of people place in the hands of our team members and our network of transportation providers daily for their non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) needs. Their health and safety is our top priority. This is why we wanted to share an update on our actions related to the current situation with COVID-19 (the coronavirus).
We are actively monitoring the situation and taking the appropriate precautionary steps as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other knowledgeable groups.
Some of the actions we have taken:
- We have provided our network providers detailed information for vehicle sanitation based upon CDC guidance. These sanitation protocols are recommended as standard practice, but are also specifically approved by the CDC for the COVID-19 coronavirus.
- We will coordinate with local Emergency Medical Services (EMS) for transportation of anyone confirmed with the coronavirus infection.
- We are coordinating transportation to designated vaccination sites as authorized by our client health plans.
- We are prepared to initiate standard Disaster Recovery protocols in local markets, as necessary, to proactively engage with dialysis clinics, chemotherapy providers, methadone clinics, and other providers of life-sustaining and critical services to accommodate any modified hours of operation or reduced staffing/treatment capacity. Outreach to these providers is ongoing.
- As in other natural disasters and inclement weather events, our local operations staff in each state will coordinate with designated state and local Emergency Management Authorities to facilitate transportation for those with critical healthcare needs.
Transparency is always important to us, but especially in times like these. We will work to keep everyone we serve informed as the situation evolves.
To help reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 (the coronavirus) and slow the spread of the illness, follow your state and local guidance. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends the following:
Call Contact Center
To schedule, change or cancel a trip, please call the contact center. For specific concerns about how COVID-19 may impact personal transportation, we encourage those individuals to contact their health plan
We are here to help
If you have any concerns or questions related to COVID-19, please complete and submit the form below. Our representatives will be sure to respond as quickly as possible.